Good morning fellow readers! It’s been a while since I last posted. I’ve been really busy and really tired lately but I am definitely making my way back to blogging. What better way to start than with the Love-a-thon?!
The Love-a-thon is an event hosted by Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books, Cee of The Novel Hermit, Kristin of Super Space Chick & Mel of The Daily Prophecy! It is a two day event where we are able to spread love throughout the book community. I participated in this event last year and I had a lot of fun. I plan to have just as much fun participating again this year. So without further ado, here’s my questionnaire.
AN INTRODUCTION TO YOU AND YOUR BLOG
1. What is your name? Where in the world are you blogging from?
My name is Keri and I am blogging from the U.S. Specifically, Queens, NY.
2. Tell us your history with reading. Were you always a reader? Were you a reluctant reader? Was there a book that convinced you to become a reader?
I have always loved to read, even as a child. I know this may be a usual response, but I became a real serious and passionate reader after I finished the Twilight Saga. I know…typical. After I finished those books, I wanted to read more. I wanted more stories. More fantasy.
3. How did you get involved in the online book community?
I somehow found the bookstagram hashtag on Instagram and I saw all of these people posting about books. So I decided that I wanted to join this community.
4. How did you choose your primary platform? How did you come up with your blog name?
I discovered wordpress and other users’ book blogs through the site. I slowly figured out how to use it and I’ve been working with it since. My blog was originally going to be both makeup and books, hence the Beauty & Books, but I decided to just keep it to books.
5. What’s your favorite thing about the online book community?
I like how well everyone interacts with one another. I like being part of book talks on twitter and seeing people’s recommendations.
6. What sort of posts can readers expect from you?
Readers can expect book tags, weekly memes, and book reviews. I also plan to expand and talk about more on my blog. I want to stay active on here.
7. What book genres do you talk about most?
1. Favorite food and Beverage.
My favorite food is definitely red rice and sausages that my mom makes. My favorite drink is fruit punch and water.
2. Favorite color.
3. Favorite things to do apart from reading.
I love watching movies, listening to music and crocheting. I love making things and finding new hobbies.
4. Favorite TV Shows.
Whatever show I am binge watching on Netflix. Currently: One Tree Hill and The Office.
5. Favorite Movies.
Transformers. ALL of them!
6. Favorite musical artists.
Chance the Rapper, Taylor Bennett, Adele, Alicia Keys, Alessia Cara, Chris Brown…Just to name a few.
7. Favorite place to shop.
1. Favorite childhood books.
I honestly do not have any or I just don’t remember.
2. Your Hogwarts house.
3. Favorite books read in the last five years.
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before- Jenny Han
Unaccustomed Earth- Jhumpa Lahiri
4. Underrated book, series or author you love.
5. A book you want to see made into a film or tv show.
I know many people may not have enjoyed the movies, but I would like them to continue making the rest of the Percy Jackson movies.
6. Book boyfriend/girlfriend? Book BFF? Book family?
I don’t currently have but back in the Twilight days, I was in love with Emmett Cullen/ Kellan Lutz.
7. Books you want to read in 2017.
The Hate U Give- Angie Thomas
When Dimple Met Rishi- Sandhya Menon
The Education of Margot Sanchez- Lilliam Rivera
American Street- Ibo Zoboi
History Is All You Left Me- Adam Silvera
Want to chat? Message me on Twitter 🙂
Are you participating in the Love-A-Thon this year? How would you answer these questions?