It’s time for another readathon! This time it is #TheReadingQuest hosted by Aentee at Read at Midnight. It will start today, August 13th and will end Sunday, September 10th. I unfortunately missed the sign up for this readathon but I’m going to participate anyway. 🙂
- All characters will start off with 10 Experience Points (EXP), and each book (in any format: physical, eBook, or audiobook) they complete for the Quest Board will add another +10 EXP. The exception are graphic novels/manga, which will give +5 EXP.
- The exception is for books written by marginalised authors. These books will earn your characters bonus EXP. For each book completed for the Quest, you will gain +20 EXP.
- Adventurers who complete their character’s quest before the challenge period will earn a +50 EXP. You will earn an additional +30 EXP for any additional character quest you complete after that.
- Because I am not interested in employing polynomials or convoluted equations for a reading challenge, I’m going to go ahead and say your character will level up with every +50 EXP. They all start at Level 1.
- All characters begin with 10 Health Points (HP). Every 10 pages you read during the Quest will give you +1HP. The exception are graphic novels/manga, which will give you +1HP every 20 pages.
- Tweeting on #TheReadingQuest hashtag (with meaningful tweets about your current reads, roleplay with your current character, book recommendations) will earn you +1HP each. You can have a maximum of +20HP from Social Media interactions
- Photos of your #TheReadingQuest books or TBR pile will earn you 1HPeach. This contributes towards the maximum of +20HP from Social Media interactions mentioned above.
I’m still planning out my TBR for this quest but here’s what it looks like so far:
A Book with a one word title:
A Book that contains magic:
A Book based on mythology: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
A Book set in a different world:
The first book of a series: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
**I will update this list soon**
I am super exited to start this reading quest because I have been in a huge reading slump and this is an awesome opportunity to get out of it.